Friday, 25 January 2013

Week 2

I've now been in this course for 2 weeks and I think I'm starting to get the hang of it all. It was overwhelming in the beginning but once I tried the exercises it seemed a lot easier than I expected.This week we were taught "check-expect" programming and at first I was yet again overwhelmed, but as the class went on it started to make more sense. As this course continues I'm starting to see how light and accommodating it is; if I ever have a question it's always answered as soon as possible whether by Danny or a TA. Danny is a very interactive professor, and as a hands-on/visual learner the way he presents his lectures makes it a lot easier to understand. For example our Thursday lecture with the "Racing with Alice" table (with numbers, letters, and symbols), the approach that Danny took on trying to explain how the table should be read was very interesting. He had one student do arm gestures to represent numbers and another student write down the numbers to solve the phrase; all of this was done in order to show how long transmitting and transcribing information can take when we (humans) do it versus how quick it could be done by a computer. Overall, this week I learned more programming definitions as well as different types of mechanical devices there were and are used for all kinds of different purposes.

No comments:

Post a Comment